
My friend Bridget had such a good idea and it just keeps growing on me. She also has 4 munchkins by the way, she was saying how expensive Halloween can be and that we should all get together and do a costume exchange before the holiday. Your kids only want to be Mr. Incredible one year usually, then Jack Sparrow the next. Love this idea! I however don't have a lot of leftover costumes because I make my children wear them to death if I am spending that much on a play costume. Shoot, I think you can be the Hulk when you go to bed just fine! My fairy princess daughter can wear hers in the back yard all summer long with her court of dandelions and rock princes.
Her idea rocks though. For instance last year we were all going to go as Star Wars people. Great idea with a large family. My husband and son were Darth Vader anyway. I had been looking for a costume of Yoda for the baby and Chewbaca for myself. If Sharpei from High School Musical was not so important to be last year then Becca would have been Princess Leah. Aimee did not want to participate in this production, she is to cool for that. I'm not so I was looking for the costumes. Oh dear Lord they are expensive! You only wear them one time then they hide in the closet. I cannot see myself running out to WalMart just to pick up some notebook paper for the munchkins dressed as Chewie. Nor could I see myself gardening in the winter wearing that get up, so the chances of me spending that kind of $$ was null and void. Now if I knew that I could spend that money and trade my costume with a friend the next year I have cut the cost of the outfit in half. Then if I can trade that costume again the next year Chewie is looking a bit more affordable. One more year of trading and...see where I am going? That is also a few more years of not adding to landfills. It is a great way to recycle. Hey! I can Halloween Green!
Bridget with your 5th baby on the way you still have all your brain cells! Give mine back! I think we are going with this idea.
























No comments:
Post a Comment