Tuesday, June 24, 2008

F-L-A! F-L-A!


I know I had a baby almost one year ago and that I am still nursing her so I am still fluffy in the figure department. I am no spring chicken either. This baby jiggle is gonna take some serious effort on my part to get rid of this time. I am trying. Granted it has been a week since I have gotten to the gym, but it was really hot and I was outside trying to help my husband with our addition so I wasn't just sitting there eating a gallon of ice cream and commenting on the homes on Cribs or something. Hey I don't have any unrealistic ideas about how tiny I think I should be either. I am an Irish girl who would look gross if she got lower than a size 10. Paris Hilton I will never be. This girl will ALWAYS have meat with her potatoes! You know what I mean? No I will not be going back to eating red meat. It's a saying.

Anyway, my dear, loving son, was sitting with my husband while I was in the bank the other day. They were being boys and capping on all the people out in the parking lot. As I am leaving the bank I hear my son chanting "F-L-A! DAD F-L-A!" I look around the parking lot and see that I am the only lady out there. " F-L-A!"

Then I get to the car and Michael Jr's face turns red. "Sorry Mommy. I didn't know that was you."

Michael Sr. is just snickering and starting up the van.

My own son tagged me with a Fat Lady Alert.
That's it! I'm hitting the gym.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

OUCH! Mud jello and salted strawberries for dinner for those two cappin'cronies! It's just so unfair. Males lose so easily, and fast, so they don't ever know how hard it is for the prettier sex.God was fair though-mostly only males go bald!Not that either ofyour good looking guys have to worry about that either!
You are beautiful.