My baby is almost 1. I have just a few weeks of baby left. How did it go so quickly? She just forced her way out it seems like a little while ago. Belle is just growing up to quickly. I see her with Aimee, the oldest, and it is like looking into the past and the present at the same time. I just want to hold her all the time, or at least until my back says no, because soon enough she won't want me to. She is almost ready to go and explore. Then I will blink and she is 7 and in 1st grade reading all by herself. I blink again and she is 13 in 8th grade and it's all about how she looks to others, even though she is so beautiful from soul to skin it will be never enough. Blink again and she is 18 and starting college, her path pretty sure but she can't wait to go out and explore again. This time she won't need me to hold her hand as she takes the path less traveled to see what the Lord has planned out for her. I hold my breath and blink again, she has chosen a wonderful man to walk down the road of life with. I can see she cherishes him. Her eyes are filled with love as her father passes her hand with a gentle squeeze into the strong hand of another. A tear falls down my cheek as her sisters and brother stand with her, a force of love united, welcoming her into this new stage of her life. A genle wind blows and I blink again, an outdoor party with colorful balloons and a homemade cake. You can smell the vanilla in the frosting. Children are screaming and running around chasing each other. I smile as Belle brings me the most beautiful, sweet smelling, little bundle of energy and asks " Mom, can you hold the birthday baby?" Scared to ever blink again, a smile errupts across my face and my eyes fill with tears "Anything for you honey. Anything for you."
Oh Lord, it goes to fast.
They just grow up way to fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























1 comment:
Yes, beloved daughter. You did.
Post a Comment