
I bought my fist born all sorts of toys that were new and wonderful when she was a baby. I had to get it for her if I thought she could learn from it or it was just so cute to look at. I bought so much junk and spent a fortune on stuff that would be given to the Goodwill in a few months or lost at the bottom of the toy box. I know Becca didn't get half as many plastic toys as Aimee did and she has turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself. I think Belle is gonna be just fine playing with the cheap stuff that we used to get to. I remember a box of chalk when I was a kid was choice, but a box of colored chalk now that was awesome! As a kid I was entertained with that. You could draw, make hopscotch or whatever with your chalk. My family didn't have Beta or the Z channel (remember those?) and we still found stuff to entertain ourselves. In my quest for family peace with my own family I caved in. I have bought my kids Game Cube and Nintendo DS (basically for Michael Jr.)and we have satellite (for Aimee and so I can watch CSI). Then Becca she just wants to hang out with ya. She had the least amount of toys, due to lack of space, yet she is the one who can entertain herself with anything. Go figure.

I hope to be old fashioned and stick to my guns with Belle. Look at the two of them just enjoying a nice June evening together while Dad is doing some planting.
Target $2.50 for a box of colored chalk.
Using their imagination and not being mesmerized by electronic gizmos,
Priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment