Wednesday, June 18, 2008

going green

I have been taking my own shopping bags to the store for a while now. Love it! You can actually fit more stuff in them any how. I can save like 60 cents per bag at Winco when I shop to. I think that they are doing that at more stores now and that is awesome. Think about how much less trash we are creating and putting into our environment this way. I am going to take the kids to the fabric store later to pick out a few cotton fabrics to make out own personal shopping bags. I think it will be a good lesson for the munchkins on saving the environment and how to sew. At least the girls can learn to sew, convincing Michael Jr to try will be way to hard! Hopefully they will be proud of their new creations and want to take them shopping when they go,
... even without me.

Wish me luck on this adventure!

1 comment:

Grandma said...

What a super splendifferous idea, making the shopping bags! Super project! I am also using my own bags, but mine aren't hand made-they come from Trader Joe's and Fresh and Easy. I have one that is always packed for a picnic, and one that is always packed with emergency stuff too. That turned out to be very handy when we had the fires, and so I just kept it around. I just hope I wouldn't grab a bag of picnic plates and placemats instead of the first aid stuff if I ever needed it!!