Thursday, June 5, 2008

Whose lunch is this anyway?

Since when have other mothers become the lunch police? I was questioned over(my middle daughter) Becca's lunch the other day because I did not send her a sandwich and it was noticed that I did that quite a bit. "And?" was my answer. She looked at me like I was nutrition ignorant. You know what SuzyQ I can just about bet you that my child's lunch is better than any lunch they serve at school and MORE NUTRITIOUS. Becca does not really like bread, and since it is filled with carbs I could care less if she ditched it. She can get them from other food sources. Her typical lunches are filled with organic fruit and/or veggies, home made cookies with organic flours, milk and flax seed oil (usually some hidden carrots or spinach as well.). She will have Honest Kids USDA Organic juices, Saltines and maybe a Tigermilk bar or a granola bar. Hello? Why do you need a sandwich also? It is all healthy food. You do not need processed meat and bubble bread with a slather of condiments to make your lunch healthy. Sometimes other peoples stupidity just really annoys me. My kids are healthy, slender and full of energy because I make them play outside like children are supposed to. I get up super early every Saturday to go to an ORGANIC FARMER'S MARKET to make sure that they have food with no pesticides and as fresh as can be, we are talking picked that morning fresh or even just the day before. All from LOCAL farmers so that I am not adding to the transportation pollution of bringing fruit from Chile when we grow it here! Support the USA I say and stay healthier that way! Getting back to my point, I feed my kids real food. Rarely do they get soda, I toss half of their candy from holidays away, I don't get fast food because it is filled with gross stuff, I make them everything they eat just like moms used to do. I think unless you start seeing me send my munchkins to school with lunches filled with soda and sugar you should just mellow out and maybe educate yourself on nutrition! Worry about your own kids health. What are you feeding them?

No comments: