Let me start this by saying that I think my son is awesome. He is a great little boy who is really passionate about whatever it is he feels. If he loves you, it is so complete all the way through his soul. If he is sad, he will be down for days with a heavy heart. When he is angry....pray. He is an Irish Mexican, need I say more? With that said, as incredible a boy as I feel that he is, sometimes his temper is a bit much. The littlest thing sometimes can set him off. Loudly. The whole street knows when my son is upset. Honestly, I would try and talk to him later about why he would get so upset and angry over something so silly as like his sister answering a question for him in Sunday School. Thank God he would wait to let her have it till he was out of class. That just seemed like a ridiculous reason to me to get so upset. We are talking yelling and throwing things angry. He would say very mean and ugly things. She only answered a question that he was taking to long to answer. She thought she was helping him get out of answering the question. Then there comes the anger. He would always tell me that he could not control what he was doing. He really couldn't stop because he was to angry.
Please. I know anger. I walk away. I tell people to get away from me while I am that angry. You just learn how to deal with it. Right? I even asked the doctor if he had too much angry in him. What could I do to help him deal with it? Did he need therapy? The doctors would tell me that nothing is wrong with him, he is just fine, he is just a boy. Testosterone and all. Nothing wrong.
They are wrong. I figured it out. I went to the UK sites on the computer and googled it. Red dye is why my son is so angry. Specifically red dye#40. There are children all over the world with the same examples of angry child ( and worse ) that my son had. They were all allergic to red dye. In European countries they all know this and label the food right on the front, big that this food is bad for certain people, it contains dye. Its amazing huh?
I have taken my son completely off of red dyes, all of them for the past week, you would not even believe the changes. It is a miracle. He had a food allergy to red dye. I think he might actually be allergic to yellow dye also. That one causes itching and asthma. Go figure.
The weird thing is that while I was doing my research on the red dyes, 19 doctors here in America have started action with the government to try and ban 8 specific dyes that are known to cause things from itching to (my son's) irate behavior to cancer. They are in all our foods. Its incredible. Start looking at all the labels that are on your food. It is in everything. Your vitamins, your soap, your yogurt, your butter, juice, cereal...everything. My son got a lot from juice you get at school. He got it from his vitamins every morning. He had Popsicles that had TONS of dye. I was shocked.
He is my amazingly wonderful son again. Just no red dye. I basically make everything anyway but now I watch what I add to the food. I will update as I learn more, check it out for your self though. You will be shocked.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























2 comments:
Yep. Amen. I just opened a blog about all of the crap we feed our kids.
www.adhdbattle.com
Good to see I'm not the only one concerned!
Me too! I swear when I would bring this idea up to other people they would look at me like I was crazy. Thanks for the support and the site, I am going there right now! Keep me up to date on what else you learn.
Post a Comment