It's 5 am. My husband just left for work. Our house is quiet except for the constant whirl of the fan over the bed. I just finished feeding Belle and look down at her beautiful sleeping face. She has such an angelic look about her. Her lips still suckling in her sleep. Her eyelashes are long and black and she reminds me of sleeping beauty. Her little chubby cheeks are just a little flushed as she smiles, probably from gas but I will pretend that she is dreaming of wonderful baby happy thoughts. I stroke her head noticing that her hair is finally coming in. It is still soft and silky. Her little body has doubled in size from one year ago. She just looks so huge to me now. She is becoming her own person. She is becoming such a jewel. Her soul is so pure and filled with love I hope that I can help her to keep it in tact. Perfection for the fourth time. God is wonderful.
I was surfing the blogs yesterday and read one about how people feel that you are not truly going "green" if you have children so they are having vasectomy's and hysterectomy's at very young ages. Some people feel that children are just creating to much waste. They have diapers, toys, shoes and then we drive them places and emit more toxins into the air. If you have one child you are damaging the earth. What must they think of someone who has...gasp...4?I should loose my "green halo" I believe it was put.
I can see where they are coming from. There is a gaggle of stuff children need. Here in America children are spoiled with petroleum based products. In other countries they are not. Children do need but we are the ones that support them. I try to make decisions based on organic or green ideas to make the world better for my children. I think to that my raising 4 earth friendly,God loving, good mannered, lovely humans will help not hurt the environment. I feel that I was given my children for a reason, by God, and may be they will find a way to save our planet by saving others who are damaging her now. Maybe my children will find a way to feed those who cannot find food themselves or turn trash into a type of insulation for green houses in the future. Maybe they will just be wonderful people who spread sunshine and make you want to live in this world.
My opinion is that mornings like I spent with my baby are a blessing and if I have to turn in my green halo then take it! My angels are incredible. They are the best reason to get up in the morning. They are my reason for being green.
I
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























No comments:
Post a Comment