Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Oh my gosh!

Click here: YouTube - IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT ENERGY SAVER LIGHT BULBS!

I am a big geek about helping the planet stay green. I try and do stuff everyday to make sure that this planet will be here for my kids and their grandbabies. I was floored by this information about energy saver light bulbs. I hope I you watch this ALL THE WAY THROUGH TO THE END. Thank goodness someone had the nerve to let us know what is really going on, but if you think about this too, how come it took a kid on Youtube to send this out to the public? Ridiculous.

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Very interesting! I did get a warning about the mercury in those bulbs from Cousin Joe. They are the only bulbs in my house, so I was really interested.I didn't know wbout the placing of old ones in double plastic bags. Wouldn't the plastic just break anyhow when theglass is smushed in a landfill? I think it's just a little more effort to clean them up than a regular light bulb...and probably not nearly so dangerous as the Senator from Texas tells us, unless you have little ones around when they break. I hope. Joe and I recalled back when we were kids and he had a chemistry set. We used to play with the mercury ball from the set in the palm of our hand. So far neither of us has got mercury poisoning!Oh--wait! Is that a sixth finger growing from the back of my hand?Good info though-I wonder if there is going to be some change in the way they are made so they aren't so toxic.Let meknow what you hear.

Aimie said...

Personally, the fact Senator Poe commented on that they are all made in China was interesting to me as well. Why are all of our common products shipped from there? Look through your house...see? Why not from the US? I thought that point was important to, that is why I thought people should see the whole story.People here need jobs as well. Buy American.