There is a mug in there.
My son decorated this box for his teacher. The note on the side reads:
I will
miss you
Mr. Belko.
Michael M.
How sweet Huh? I must be so old school though, I thought that it was good form to send a small thank you to your child's teacher on the last day of school. Not necessarily like a cool Pottery Barn gift (that I am sure they would enjoy), but just even a card saying thank you for educating my munchkin for the past 10 months. When did people stop doing that? Why would they stop? In my son's class one other student brought a thank you gift. In my middle daughter's class only 3 other student's brought them. I was completely shocked. I realize that these people have chosen teaching as a profession. I also don't think that they get paid half of what they should. They make not enough money to pay for their own lives, then turn around and spend some of it on our children to make classes more interesting and enjoyable. They are in trusted with our children's impressionable minds to mold them into wonderful people and parents can't take 5 minutes to sit down and write a little thank you card? These aren't state paid babysitters. These are professionals who want to help our children make a difference in the world. We should honor them not insult them.
That is my opinion.
Please, remember the teachers.
























1 comment:
And a GIGANGOUS THANK YOU ON BEHALF OF TEACHERS EVERYWHERE!
Adorable gift on Michael Jr's part, most especialy the note. Mr. Belko will treasure that one, trust me!
Luv,
Mom
Post a Comment