How am I gonna entertain my children this summer with the price of gas at $4.50 a gallon? I swear it goes up twice a day, EVERYDAY! This is incredible. I can't afford to take my kids to the beach very often because the gas alone makes it a $100 trip. I wanted to get passes for the zoo and hit that one a few times over the vacation to, now it is more to buy the gas to get down there than it is to buy the passes that I used to have to save up to buy for the munchkins. Vacation Bible School is free but it will cost so much in gas that I am hoping to carpool. I plan to make use of the public library but to get there it takes gas, it is to far to walk, really. I am really disappointed in the government not putting a cap on the oil prices or not having us tap into our reserves here in America to force the oil guys in other countries to lower their prices. I love America and can't think of anywhere else as lovely to live (except maybe Ireland) but we have been driven into a recession. How can a country that is so rich let itself get so poor, just so a few select families whose great great grandaddies made some incredibly wise choices in business in the past can reap the monetary benefits now. My grandfather worked really hard all his life too, just because he did not have the opportunity to buy into an oil business does not mean that I should be getting the bum end of the deal now! He was a great man. Probably the other grandaddies were great as well. Why are only their relatives the ones that should keep their homes and feed their children?
I am scared how our world is changing. I keep praying. I know God hears me. I am trying to figure out the answer he is whispering. Maybe he will whisper to those with the power to change what is broken and help it to be fixed.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























No comments:
Post a Comment