Click. Click. Four frozen waffles go down into the toaster. I can't convince myself to start up my beautiful stove this morning. The sun is not even up yet and it is 88 sticky degrees in our house. I have every window thrown as open as wide as they will allow. I have every fan blowing in every room possible. They are placed in front of the windows trying to suck in every breath of cooler air from the outside into our kiln of a home.
Yes I did get the a/c fixed. It does work. I can turn that sucker on 60, guzzle an ice tea, plop down on the couch with my latest Evanovich novel from the library and just be. Oh how lovely, that would be heaven. Then life would hit me smack in the face though. Our laundry that is in a pile about 5 feet high already would never get done for starters. My kids would be running around the house naked and I don't wanna even think about that. The dust from all the dirt outside would continue to overtake my house. Then my naked children would be covered in sweat and dust creating some new form of eco clothing that again I really do not want to picture. The munchkins would then try to leave the doors open to be sure that all of the outside would get to be air conditioned too! :) While showing off their naked, sweaty, dust covered bodies to the entire neighborhood. Ummm...no thank you. I will be getting off my buttocks now.
Pop. Pop. Waffles are done. Didn't have to heat the house up turning on the stove, the munchkins are happy because they have organic waffles with sugar free syrup that they think are like junk food, so right now I am the cool mom. Slightly stinky with sweat, yet never less a cool mom. Hey Groovy! Check it out! It is so warm that the butter is already soft and will spread easy over the warm waffles! Right on!
I guess the heat does have it's positive points sometimes? Right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























1 comment:
Will it help if I think you cool thoughts?
The dogs are already lying on the cool floor, not their beds, to keep their tummies cool.
;0) Mom
Post a Comment